DPPCM SES East Surrey - Understanding Financial Management (2 days)
PM Development Programme event
Tuesday 3 September 2019 at Redhill Methodist
This is a multi-day (non-consecutive) event.
Times: 09:30 - 16:00
This is a two day course. Participants must attend both days.
Day 1: 03/09/19
Day 2: 26/09/19
- Understand finance within the context of the organisation
- Analyse the range of finance stakeholders and explain their various expectations
- Know the importance of cash flow forecasting and cash flow management
- Provide a general assessment of business/organisational performance using appropriate financial measures
- Know the role of financial performance indicators in monitoring the achievement of objectives
- Appreciate the purposes of the main financial documents used within the practice
- Consider ways to exploit income sources to improve the profitability of the business
- Critically assess processes to ensure efficient record keeping and claims
- Consider ways to reduce expenditure
- Critically assess processes such as stationary purchases, overtime and locum provision to control expenditure
- Understand the need to evaluate information and processes to set useful budgets to support organisational goals
- Be able to explain how to use budgetary techniques to contribute to controlling costs
Trainer: Jane Collins, Associate Trainer, Syder and Young Ltd
Gloucester Road, Redhill, RH1 1BP
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Please contact event organisers to discuss
Name: Barry Syder
Phone: 07712 194117
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Event has taken place
This event is in the past and has already taken place.