MTP05 Managing the Partnership
Syder & Young event
Thursday 9 December 2021 at Sussex County Cricket Ground
This is an all day event.
Times: 09:30 - 16:00
A Practice Manager is effectively the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the practice. She or he supports and manages the Board of Directors – in this case the GP partners – to develop and deliver the strategic objectives of the practice.
Most management development focuses on the management of subordinates, but what about managing upwards? How does one manage one’s employers who are usually the business owners? That is what this workshop is all about.
- To examine the importance and implications of managing GPs
- To assess own capabilities and concerns with regard to influencing GPs
- To understand the appropriate competencies for a Practice Manager to effectively manage his/her employers. These include:
- Knowledge of the individuals on “the board”
- Provision of information in a succinct and objective way
- Justifying requests for additional resources
- Developing optimism, flexibility and provocative debate
- Strategic thinking
- Good problem solving skills
- Momentum consciousness – the ability to sustain momentum and keep an eye on priorities
Trainer: Pauline Young, Director, Syder and Young Ltd
Sussex County Cricket Ground
Eaton Road, Hove, BN3 3AN
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Please contact event organisers to discuss
Name: Barry Syder
Phone: 07712 194117
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Cancellations: Bookings which are subsequently cancelled will only be refunded in exceptional circumstances at our discretion and will incur a 5% administration fee.
|Surrey Sussex LMCs members||£90.00|